Hotel La Palma Opening Spring 2022
Effortlessly laidback and a synonym for enduring elegance, Capri is an island in Italy’s Bay of Naples off the Sorrento Peninsula, famed for its rugged landscape, iconic restaurants, excellent shopping and glamorous visitors from the literati, dignitaries, royalty and A-list celebrities.
Hotel La Palma will be Oetker Collection’s reimagined incarnation of Capri’s original hotel that has long hosted a collective of notable artists, poets, writers and musicians from all over the world, and once again be at the epicentre of the social scene on the island.
Transformed into an elegant and exclusive 50-room- and-suite property, Hotel La Palma located in vibrant Capri Village, mere steps from the famous Piazzetta, will comprise a rooftop restaurant and bar, its own beach club, a newly built pool deck, a spa and high- fashion boutiques. The hotel will be a complete transformation of the original Hotel La Palma that dates back to 1822 – the first and oldest hotel on the island.
History & Heritage
Since 1822, Hotel La Palma – formerly known as Locanda Pagano – is the oldest hotel on Capri. The original owner, notary Giuseppe Pagano, hosted travellers in his villa for the pleasure of long conversations and often, his guests were artists, poets, writers, architects, painters and musicians, all who showed their gratitude by painting the walls, writing poems, singing and playing in what was dubbed the ‘Artists’ Hotel.’ A collective of creatives began to gather from all over the world who were inspirited by the genius loci, charmed by the smooth, familiar atmosphere of this eccentric hotel. When Hotel La Palma reopens in April 2022, guests will once again receive the same warm Italian welcome.
The original hotel on Capri will once more become the chicest address on the island for people who want to see and be seen. Each of the 50 rooms – including 18 suites – offer its own private balcony or terrace.
Facilities & Services
- Michelin-starred chef Gennaro Esposito, a true name in the region
- Gennaro’s restaurant, bar and terrace will embrace the timeless romance of the island, serving unpretentious, authentic Italian cuisine. It will also benefit from being right next door to the great Taverna Anema e Core
- Bianca rooftop restaurant, a glamorous, newly created rooftop restaurant and bar open ’til late with spectacular views over the sea and Capri Village
- A brand-new pool deck, complete with an elegant pool bar which pays homage to the ‘classic Capri’ of the golden age
- La Palma Beach Club located in the Marina Piccola, home to the island’s most famous beaches and restaurants. Open to non-hotel guests, it will become the meeting place of choice on the island for long, lazy lunches and sunset cocktails
- A Spa for relaxing massages and facial treatments. It will offer three treatment rooms, including one double treatment suite, a sauna, steam bath and ice shower, relaxation space, fitness centre, and three boutiques